Five years ago on October 18, 2013 Scott and Bart posted their first review on Youtube.
500 reviews and 5 years have passed since that bottle of Caol Ila 12yo, and so we wanted to do something special to celebrate with our fans.
Start small we were told, don’t plan big or plan too much. So we are keeping it simple. We have arranged for a block of rooms at a central hotel here in Wichita for Friday, October 19, and Saturday, October 20. Friday night will be a steak dinner and official SMWS tasting at the Scotch and Sirloin here in Wichita. Saturday will consist of a free gathering through the mid afternoon followed by a move to All Things BBQ for another dinner, drinks, and live music.
Be sure to check back regularly for updates!
SCOTCH & SIRLOIN DINNER WITH SMWS TASTING at 6pm
We will begin in the afternoon with a meet and greet (and drinks of course) at the Drury Plaza Hotel Broadview at 400 W. Douglas in Wichita. This will be free and open to everyone. Be sure to come by and say hi, not only to us but other fans who are traveling to celebrate with us. In the evening we will move to a ticketed event for a steak dinner and SMWS tasting at the well established and popular Scotch and Sirloin, Wichita’s premier steak house located at 5325 E. Kellogg. Ben Diedrich and the Scotch Malt Whisky Society will be doing the tasting at 6pm with meal to follow. The Scotch and Sirloin will be able to accommodate 100 people for the meal and tasting. Due to the large group, the meal is restricted to a 12 ounce sirloin, side, salad, and dessert. We will also arrange for travel from the Drury to the Scotch and Sirloin. Tickets will be $100 per person for the dinner and tasting. Must be 21 years of age to attend!
THE GATHERING OF SCOTCH GODS At ALL THINGS BBQ 5pm
We will again be at the Drury Plaza Hotel Broadview until late afternoon hanging out and chatting with our super scotch god fans and sharing a dram or two. In the mid afternoon we will move (walking distance) to All Things BBQ located at 818 W. Douglas. They have an awesome outdoor and indoor space to entertain and should hold plenty of scotch gods. At 5 p.m. the doors will close and you will need a ticket to stay for food prepared by All Things BBQ, whisky samples/tastings, and live music featuring Cousin Shane and Shakes Pennington. Of course there will be live streaming from all events as well! You may make it on the show! All Things BBQ can hold roughly 150 people. Tickets for Saturday evening will be $65 per person. Must be 21 years of age to attend!
Drury Plaza Hotel Broadview – Wichita
400 West Douglas Avenue Wichita, KS 67202
Telephone: (316) 262-5000
Thank you for choosing Drury Plaza Hotel Broadview – Wichita to be a part of your next great event! We are looking forward to seeing you soon and we are ready to uphold our reputation for great service & value. Rooms have been held for your group and to make reservations, please click on the link below.
At Drury Hotels, we know you have enough to worry about when traveling. In addition to the great rate, our generous amenities will brighten your group’s day and make your journey easier.
- Free Hot Breakfast – Start every day with make-your-own Belgian waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, fresh fruit, oatmeal, biscuits and gravy, KELSO+BROS® coffee and more. Free hot breakfast is served daily from 6–9:30 a.m. on weekdays and 7–10 a.m. on weekends.
- Free 5:30 Kickback®* – Join us from 5:30–7 p.m. every evening to enjoy free hot food and cold beverages at our 5:30 Kickback®. We feature a rotating menu of hot food, beer, wine, mixed drinks and soft drinks.
- Free Wi-Fi Throughout the Hotel – Get the score, check your social networks or email family members from anywhere in the hotel – for free!
- Free Soft Drinks and Popcorn – Freshly popped popcorn and a refreshing beverage make a great snack! Stop by the lobby for free soft drinks and popcorn every evening.
- On-Site Facilities – Take advantage of the business center, fitness center or pool while you’re away from home. Print your boarding pass, finish a presentation or check e-mail in our business centers.
Please make your reservations by Monday, September 17, 2018 to receive your group rate. Reservations made after this date will be subject to prevailing rate and availability. Reservations may also be made by calling 1-800-325-0720 and refer to your group number 2346163.